RE: X Bracing for Metal Buildings

That has not been my experience with pre-engineered buildings and
foundations. Not really any extra fat designed into these types of
buildings, if you don't need it to begin with (and no future expansion
was anticipated) then it just isn't there.

Matthew Stuart
Structural Department
Manalapan
Extension 1283

> From: "Stuart, Matthew" <mstuart(--nospam--at)schoordepalma.com>

> I would be more concerned about how you are going to reinforce the =
> adjacent columns and foundations for the vertical component of the new
=
> X-brace.

Depending on the magnitude of the bracing forces in the original
building and the fondation configuration, it is possible that all
foundation locations are equally competent wrt bracing.

Regards
Paul

--
R. Paul Ransom, P. Eng.