Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Large pipe column[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Large pipe column
- From: "Rich Lewis" <seaint03(--nospam--at)lewisengineering.com>
- Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 12:33:51 -0600
Is there a separate standard for the design of large round pipe columns for billboard signs? Would the AISC code apply to an 8ft. diameter column? Or does the design standards need to be different for that size section since the thickness of the wall would be rather thin compared to the diameter? I’m wondering about both compression and bending forces.
Has this been discussed before on the List? I tried an archive search but came up empty. If so, about what date should I look?
- Prev by Subject: Re: Landscape Retaining Wall, Now Way OT!
- Next by Subject: Re: Large pipe column
- Previous by thread: RE: The Most Ridiculous Item of the Day (with apologies to Bill O'Reilly) - Epilogue
- Next by thread: Re: Large pipe column