RE: Special Inspection and the IBC

The code is not specific, but inspectors will not carry around a set of specs in the field. I like to put it on the general notes for all to see. It is just good practice.

Regards,
Harold Sprague

From: "Kipp Martin " <kmartin(--nospam--at)carollo.com>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: Special Inspection and the IBC
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 09:53:36 -0700

Does the 2003 IBC require that items that need special inspection be
listed on the drawings?  Or would putting those items in the specs be
OK?  Where in the Code is this requirement listed.  I've looked through
Chapter 17 and can't seem to locate this requirement.

Kipp A. Martin, P.E., S.E.
Carollo Engineers
503-227-1885
503-227-1747 (fax)