Re: FOS for von-Mises stress criteria

Chris,

This is something I need to know about too.  Please
elaborate a little bit on the primary stresses and
about stability issues.  Like definitions, and/or a
more appropriate way to use this data once you have
it.

TIA,
MJ

>You're playing with fire. Sounds like you have some
FEA results you're trying to apply to something like
ASD rules. Von Mises stress _If_ you're considering
working stress design and _if_ there are no stabiity
issues, and _if_ there are no fatigue issues and _if_
you're talking about primary stress only and ...<