Re: X Bracing for Metal Buildings

True, the steel structure may not have "extra" capoacity. The engineer
responsible for the revision must still check the affected structure.

The foundations for many buildings will be built with resistance in the
plane of the braced wall that is much greater than bracing requirements
per metal building design reactions because:
a) other apsects control OR
b) a single pier/footing design has been used at all column locations
(minimize engineering, minimize effects of late architectural changes
and reduce field confusion).

Caveats abound. Codes change.

Regards
Paul