Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: EQUIVALENT STRESS[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: EQUIVALENT STRESS
- From: "Polhemus, Bill" <BPolhemus(--nospam--at)wje.com>
- Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 10:42:27 -0600
Now, you aren’t suggesting that there is a political dimension related to who gets credit for this, are you?
(N.B. If we’re going to squabble over this, perhaps we should simply call it “God’s Law,” since He was the original author anyway. Von Mises and/or Huber simply discovered what was already there).
Since Hencky was a relative latecomer, this law
should be called either Huber's, or
Huber-Mises. In the
It may be a loosing battle, but I always insist on Huber-Mises.
- Prev by Subject: RE: EQUIVALENT STRESS
- Next by Subject: Ever Wished You Worked in Hawaii
- Previous by thread: RE: EQUIVALENT STRESS
- Next by thread: fURTHER on equivalent stress