A Frame Cabin

Hi all

I am working on a remodel and addition of a 1959 A frame cabin in Mammoth lakes (read 230 psf snow load and the snow load will ground connect the roof so minimal or no roof slope reduction) For the addition I will have to analyze the seismic performance of the old cabin.
  Any tips on this analysis or reference material for design of the A- Frame cabin.
  How should I look at the steep slope walls/roof structure for the seismic forces?

Thanks,
Tim Rudolph
Bishop, CA