Re: Define walls as thick plate

Amir-

I asume you are asking about thin vs think wall cylinders?  If so................

The cutoff for thick vs thin wall modelling that I was taught is   thin wall  R / t  > 10

check out this link

http://www.mech.uwa.edu.au/DANotes/cylinders/thin/thin.html

wrt "wall behavior";  the wall behaves as it will, the only difference is how we model it

The thin wall assumption allows the use of simplier model that gives pretty good results for R / t > 10.and higher

Go below R / t = 10 and the model gives a less accurate picture of the true stress state.

cheers
Bob