RE: Dynamic Analysis Sofware

Bill,
Thanks for the reply. I already have a Cold-Formed Steel
computer program that checks the various sections of the
rack.  What prompted this is that Canada has now issued
standard for storage racks. I have always determined the
period by a couple of formulas, but as these racks are
sometimes parts of buildings or support the roof, I always
felt my methods were only one step better than a SWAG
(for non-technical people, a Scientific Wild Ass Guess).
As you guessed, I am wanting the analysis without the
design capability. So I want to look into dynamic analysis software.
I already contacted IES about Visual Analysis and it looks
good- about $1800.  A company that does bigger stuff than
me uses RISA 3D but it is about another $1000.  The Canadian
companies that offer this feature with lots more are too
far out of my league, but I will look further and let you
know how I make out.
Gary