RE: Quick HP question

Title: Quick HP question

Ah, another HP 15C diehard.  These old things just keep going . . . and going . . . . and going.  Best investment I ever made in engineering tools, 22 years ago.

I think the ‘C’ means you are in Celsius mode instead of Fahrenheit.

Okay, just kidding.

Here is what my manual says.  The ‘C’ is for Complex mode.  When in complex mode all trigonometric functions are done in radians.  So just convert your degrees to radians!

Hey, I’m just having a little fun on a boring Thursday, nothing personal.  I guess you would like to know how to turn it off.  Here’s what the manual states: “To deactivate complex mode clear flag 8 (keystroke sequence g>CF>8).  The C annunciator will disappear”.

What I like best about my HP15C is that when the “low battery” symbol lights up, I still have about 1-1.5 years of battery life left.

HTH

Rich