RE: Idle Question...

     I did not do it myself but I carpooled worked with a Structural Engineer who did.  He also had a wife and two boys at the time.   He went to USC at night and worked during the day.  I think he used up a lot of candles at night but got it done.  The funny part about it was the things we talked about related to his Doctorate had little to do with day to day engineering.

Acie Chance

 -----Original Message-----
From: Polhemus, Bill [mailto:BPolhemus(--nospam--at)wje.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2006 11:02 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Idle Question...

Anyone here ever done, or thought about doing, a Doctorate while still gainfully employed?

Seems like it’d be awfully hard to do, but I’d like some hard facts.

(FWIW, I did a Master’s under these conditions, and it WAS tough…)

William L. Polhemus, Jr. P.E.
Senior Associate
mailto:bpolhemus(--nospam--at)wje.com

WJE
Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc.
Engineers I Architects I  Material Scientists
10235 West Little York, Suite 245
Houston, Texas 77040
P: 832-467-2177    F: 832-467-2178
http://www.wje.com

*********CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE*********
The information in this email may be confidential and/or privileged. This email is intended to be reviewed by only the individual or organization named above. If you are not the intended recipient, or an authorized representative of the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any printing, saving, reviewing, disseminating, or copying of this email and its attachments, if any, or the information contained herein is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender by return email and delete this email from your system.