RE: Pedestrian Bridge Bearing

Rich

This document might have more information than you actually need, but
hopefully it can help somewhat.

"Steel Bridge Bearing Design and Detailing Guidelines"
AASHTO/NSBA Steel Bridge Collaboration
G 9.1 - 2004
Download for free at http://downloads.transportation.org/SBB-1.pdf

There is another document available on the AISC homepage. However it
does not seem to be free anymore. (I downloaded it a few years ago for
free.)
"Steel Bridge Bearing Selection and Design Guide"
Vol II, Chapter 4, HIGHWAY STRUCTURES DESIGN HANDBOOK
http://www.aisc.org/Template.cfm?Section=Browse_by_Category&Template=/Ec
ommerce/ProductDisplay.cfm&ProductID=152

A lot of the state DOTs have standard bearing detail drawings posted on
their websites. You might can download one of those and modify it for
your purposes.

Oliver Mueller PE
PARSONS
Denver, CO