RE: Quick HP question

Title: Quick HP question

I think I paid about $80 for mine back in 84.  I just checked Ebay.  The price range on this calculator is $100-300.  I thought electronics were supposed to get cheaper?  I hope mine lasts another 20 years, and maybe 2-3 battery sets.

Rich

From: Gary Ehrlich [mailto:GEhrlich(--nospam--at)mcecorp.com]
Sent: Friday, January 20, 2006 9:14 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Quick HP question

Rich,

Thanks!   And mine’s almost 20 years old.

I thought briefly about just pulling the batteries, but I lost the door a long time back and getting to the compartment would require removing the thick piece of cardboard held tightly in place with about six layers of Scotch tape (and then redoing the work…).  I’m lazy; I only want to do that to actually change the batteries! 8-)

Gary

Gary J. Ehrlich, PE
Meyer Consulting Engineers Corp.
451 Hungerford Drive, #113