Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2006 9:16 AM
Subject: RE: Beam design

Santhosh, it sounds like you might benefit from the Staad post-processor
which does the design for you.  It is called Staad.etc.
I don't use Staad, et least not yet, but I think it will probably show
you the calculations involved, and you will be able to observe and
understand the process.

génio experts-conseils inc.
Kevin D. Below, ing., Ph.D. en Structures
290, rue Seigneuriale
Beauport, QC G1C 3P8
Tél. : (418) 660-6969 poste 272
Fax : (418) 660-6463