RE: Any Young Engineers Out There?

Isn’t the 2006 IBC going to reference the 13th edition of the steel manual only, thereby forcing out 9th edition.  I may be wrong, but that is our understanding, so our office is updating all our steel MathCAD sheets to the 13th edition.

Jason

-----Original Message-----
From: Mlcse(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:Mlcse(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2006 12:11 PM
To:
seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Any Young Engineers Out There?

Bill,

I think it took about 30 years to change from working stress in concrete to strength design, so it will take just as long for LRFD in steel.. LRFD has been around for about 15 years or so in the design community, so probably another 15 years or so and everyone will be using just LRFD.

Mike Cochran S.E. SECB