From: Polhemus, Bill <BPolhemus(--nospam--at)wje.com>
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Sent: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 11:50:16 -0600
Subject: RE: Any Young Engineers Out There?

Here's the question that I want to see answered...and mark my words, it
will probably be asked before a year has gone by:

"How many engineers here--regardless of age--took one look at the new
Thirteenth Edition AISC Manual of Steel Construction, put it up on their
bookshelves and went right back to the Ninth Edition?"

(N.B. It's gonna take forty years traveling in the wilderness, like
Moses and the children of Israel, before the last vestiges of the ASD
Idolatry are snuffed out).