RE: Any Young Engineers Out There?

Yes.  But non-profit doesn't mean that they don't want to sell stuff and
can create stuff for free.  They still must pay their staff members,
"mortgage" payments/rent for office space, etc.  And they must be at least
reasonable competitive in what they pay their employees.  So, the point is
that all the stuff that they produce (specifications/codes, magazines,
manuals, technical documents, seminars, etc) does not magically appear for
free.  They all cost money to produce...and it ain't just money to pay for
the paper that they are printed on.  They pay for those expenses by
selling publications, from member dues (both professional members like me
as well a frabricator members...AISC is both a trade organization and a
"techinical" organization), from seminars, etc.

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI