From: Scott Maxwell [mailto:smaxwell(--nospam--at)engin.umich.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 11:18 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: We're Not Getting Older, We're Getting DUMBER [WAS: Any
Young Engineers Out There?]

I certainly agree that there will be jurisdictions where it will be
relatively easy for someone to keep using the 1989 ASD spec (aka 9th
edition manual) even though it is not strictly permitted by the locally
adopted code and no one will call them one it...at least until they have
a problem on the project and get sued and no longer "meet" the minimum
standard of care.