From: Dave Adams
Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 1:05 PM
Subject: Slide Rules

Hello everyone,

I just love the part in "Apollo 13", brief as it is, showing a whole
line of engineers running calculations with their slide rules, all
agreeing with one another about the results that they needed to find.
I've always found it nice to keep some things around me to remind myself
not to get too caught up in technology and thus lose sight of what it
means to be an engineer -- one of the things that I do not have is a
slide rule.

Can anyone recommend a good slide rule (company, model, type, size,
where to get one)?  Not sure if I'll learn how to use it, but I would
like to have one around.

Regards,
Dave K. Adams, S.E.
Lane Engineers, Inc.
Tulare, CA
E-mail:  davea(--nospam--at)laneengineers.com

*   http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp
*   site at: http://www.seaint.org