Re: Slide Rules

Dave Adams wrote:

Can anyone recommend a good slide rule (company, model, type, size,
where to get one)?  Not sure if I'll learn how to use it, but I would
like to have one around.
Try Google and Ebay if you want to look for one. As for manufacturers, there was Pickett and Keuffel and Esser. As for a particular model just look at the pictures and you can get an idea of what it looked like and what scales it has. The major scales and use are explained at http://www.hpmuseum.org/srinst.htm. I have a 5 foot Pickett model in the office and I bought a 7 foot K&E model for my wife when she passed the PE. This complements my old HP-35 and 41C calculators.