RE: Slide Rules

I too have my grandfather's slide rule (as well as his last PE license
certificate from before he passed away...unfortunately he passed away
before I got my PE or SE license).  It is a K&E and I believe it is a
model 4181-1 (that number looks like it might be a model number).  I also
believe that I have my dad's circular slide rule around somewhere.  I used
to be able to do square roots with it (if I remember correctly), but
beyond that did and do not know how to use it.  Someday, I might try to
find some instructions and teach myself.

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI