Re: buying new versions (was: Any Young Engineers Out There?)

> From: Scott Maxwell <smaxwell(--nospam--at)engin.umich.edu>

> You could add to that don't buy brand new cars that are either new models
> or have had major changes to them (i.e. same model but completely
> "redesigned").

I bought a fully redesigned model Toyota Camry in 97. Good introductory
price. The dealership keeps telling me that it isn't worth fixing
certain problems. I keep telling them that is my decision, just tell me
what is wrong and how much it will cost. I don't know how they could
come to their conclusion without that knowledge ... or maybe they aren't
telling me everything. Maybe they actually believe that I will buy
another new Toyota.

--
R. Paul Ransom, P. Eng.
Civil/Structural/Project/International