Re: Cost of Meds (was: Any Young Engineers Out There?)

> From: Scott Maxwell <smaxwell(--nospam--at)engin.umich.edu>

> what I have to take).  And I further get "rubbed" raw by the fact that I
> have to pay a lot more than someone from say Canada, yet last time I
> checked the meds I take don't magically change chemical composition when
> they cross the boarder (i.e. become made out of more expensive material).
> But, it is what it is...   :-)

Government arranged bulk discounts and supplemented financing (and a
willingness to bypass drug patents). However, don't expect the border
thing to stay open for much longer. The negotiated prices and funding
were not intended for the volumes of meds that are demanded outside
Canada. Internet pharmacies will be reined in. New sherriff in town this
week.

Regards
Paul
--