roof truss connection

Hi
questions about roof trusses to Masonry wall

I have a job with gable trusses 40 long bear on masonry wall 1-I see simp. catalog with connection without sill plate what about between the trusses which is 24 inches on center
   just 21 inch sill plate?
Also what kind of moisture barrier shall specify 2- If the masonry wall is 10 foot high only shall I design that wall free standing at end gable the roof pitch is 7:12 which is very high
thanks in advance for response and idea

Dave A., P.E.