Re: Ventilation

A few thoughts:
I just looked a comm'l bld. yesterday where the entire floor (2000 s.f.) had rotted out due to lack of crawl space/ventilation
In my contracts I specifically exclude ventilation & waterproofing design. I usually offer the arch some free advice but this stuff stays off my drawings as much as possible.
IIRC the vent area can be reduced by adding a vapor barrier (6 mil visqeen)--always a good idea in moist locations
Usually 4" or 6" x 14.5" screed vents are distributed around the perimeter as required on the AD elevations
Chuck Utzman,P.E.