Sent: Friday, January 27, 2006 7:10 AM
Subject: Building Code for LA Area

Does anyone know what code is currently used in around the LA area now?  It used to be the 2001 CBC, which is based on 1997 UBC.  Is that still the case or have they switched to a IBC or NFPA?  I would call the Building Department, but they?re closed on Fridays.  I?m designing a little equipment platform in Vernon, CA and I want to be sure that I?m still using the right code for seismic.

Brian S Bossley, PE

Ventura Engineering

7610 Olentangy River Rd

Columbus, OH 43235