Re: Building Code for LA Area

2001 CBC is still in effect throughout California.  However, you'd have to check if the City of Vernon would fall under the jurisdiction of the L.A. Building Code.  (Sorry, I don't know how close they are to one another...)
DT

Brian S Bossley <BSBossley(--nospam--at)venturaengineering.com> wrote:
Does anyone know what code is currently used in around the LA area now?  It used to be the 2001 CBC, which is based on 1997 UBC.  Is that still the case or have they switched to a IBC or NFPA?  I would call the Building Department, but theyâ??re closed on Fridays.  Iâ??m designing a little equipment platform in Vernon, CA and I want to be sure that Iâ??m still using the right code for seismic.

Brian S Bossley, PE
Ventura Engineering
7610 Olentangy River Rd
Columbus, OH 43235