RE: Beam design

Thanks for the offer Scott, but I already have those documents and I
think I've got some duct tape at home! :-)

Actually, I would not consider the PCA Notes to be a design aid of the
type included for steel in the AISC Manual - rather I would need to bind
ACI 340R ("ACI Design Handbook") to  ACI 318 to have an equivalent
document.  That document has numerous design charts, as well as
examples.  The PCA Notes have good design examples and commentary but
not much in the way of design charts.  Perhaps ACI should consider a
discount on these two documents purchased together for an equivalent
"Concrete Design Manual"!

William C. Sherman, PE
(Bill Sherman)
CDM, Denver, CO