Re: Why LRFD vs ASD (was: We're Not Getting Older, We're Getting DUMBER)

Paul,
Canada introduced Limit States Design at approx the same
time as metric was being introduced despite a statement
from code guru that they would not try to introduce two
major changes at once. When I took him up on that issue,
he shrugged.  As it was a committee thing, perhaps he
had little say.
Gary