From: "Pat Clark" <Pat(--nospam--at)bldgconcepts.com>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: FW: Seismic loads on cantilevered retaining walls
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 12:08:49 -0800

I believe that this was covered in the past, but I couldn't find enough
info in the archives....

I am trying to add a seismic component to a cantilevered retaining wall
(10' and less) for a public works projects.  We have reviewed the
Mononobe-Okabe equations, but do not like the answers we seem to be
getting, apparently because they do not allow for any deflection in the
wall.   Does anyone have any recommendations to simplify the analysis,
by applying some rational numbers to the retaining wall designs?

Thanks in advance,

Patrick Clark, P.E.

Building Concepts, Inc.

1478 4th Street