Sent: Monday, January 30, 2006 2:57 PM
Subject: Re: We're Not Getting Older, We're Getting DUMBER [WAS: Any Young Engineers Out There?]

Yes, detailing in the larger sense.  As you probably know connection details are designed & drawn by the design engineer in this area, because they're an essential part of the structural adequacy of the building when push comes to shove.

In any case such details are governed by codes and those codes must continue to include the current state of knowledge.   Our state of knowledge was found to be sorely lacking on that October 1989 afternoon.

Ralph