From: refugio rochin [mailto:fugeeo(--nospam--at)gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2006 9:03 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Roof Design Components and Cladding or MWFRS - ASCE7-02

I have a small fire to put out.

In design for wind on a roof, in the design of the trusses according to ASCE7-02, are these trusses to be based on Components and Cladding or on MWFRS?  We assume MWFRS because that is the main system for resisting wind.  However, Components and Cladding would indeed be used for connections and roof decks.  What are the engineers takes on these meanings?

Please reply ASAP.
Refugio Rochin, PE
Systems Engineering Ltd.
www.systemscaribbean.com