From: Wesley Werner [mailto:wwerner(--nospam--at)conewago.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2006 9:22 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Roof Design Components and Cladding or MWFRS - ASCE7-02

Refugio,

    In the commentary where it gives definitions, roof trusses are listed under both C&C and MWFRS. My understanding of this dual listing is that trusses must be designed for C&C loading; and if they are acting as part of a frame or some other element in the MWFRS, they must be designed for those loads as well.

Wesley C. Werner