Perforated shear wall opening

Hi:

Best text I have seen is "Wood Engingeering and Construction" (McGraw Hill)-See chapter written by Ed Diekmann.

Note for mutliple openings with different pier widths inflection points will not be located at the center of the spandrels. If you assume the location of the inflection points is proportional to the width of the piers you can get the statics to work out. By this I mean using a portal frame type analysis to find forces at inflection points. Good luck it is just a lot of statics once you have those forces.

S.

Jason Atwood, P.E.