RE: Bentley Acquires RAM

No.  AutoCAD has Revit for CAD, and for analysis works with RAM (which from what we have heard, Bentley will continue to support), Robot, and probably some others I am not aware of.  And the analysis software (STAAD and RAM) can and still will be capable of being used separately from the 3D CAD, it's just that the capability to round trip with the 3D CAD will become more highly developed as time goes on.  Already in use for years in plant design from what they tell us.

From: Hans E Boge [mailto:Hanseb(--nospam--at)boge-boge.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 8:44 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Bentley Acquires RAM

Does this mean the beginning of the death of AutoCad as the geometry engine platform for analysis software.

Do many people use Bentley/microstation

I think I would prefer 3d capability design software that is Autocad and Microsation independent.  The older generation of engineers find cadding and learing that software as a challenge J

Boge Boge (1980) Ltd.

Hans E. Boge, P. Eng.

268 Ellen Street

Winnipeg MB, Canada, R3A 1A7