RE: Bentley Acquires RAM

I don't know how many structural engineers use Microstation, I'm sure there are quite a few.  But in commercial building design, I think AutoCAD is the majority.

Take a look at this link if you haven't seen it already, http://www.ramint.com/news/05-12-19.jsp.

This is an email I received from RAM after I asked them about RAM Advanse support in Revit

============================

"Dear Yi, in the first release of our interface, RAM Advanse will not be linking to Revit Structure. However, we are working on our side so that once you can link with one of our packages you can link with all of them. I am not sure when this will be available, but this is our plan to link all of our products with third party packages such as Revit Structure.

If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me.

Mike Markovitz

President

RAM International

I have a feeling that RAM will support their products in Revit, eventually, I don't think they want to loose all their AutoCAD based customers.  But their integration with Microstation will be much tighter, sharing the interface etc.

Y i   Y a n g,   S. E.
STRUCTURAL DIVISION
SUMMIT ENGINEERING INC.
707.527.0775.x162