RE: Knee Brace Literature

>>my experience (45 yrs.) is that knee braces always reduce deflection significantly.

Compared to what?  No bracing at all?  Of course it will reduce deflection.

But compared to properly designed moment resisting connections, the deflection is either similar or slightly higher typically.  Compared to standard concentric bracing (X-bracing), there is no contest.

~~ Eli G

my experience (45 yrs.) is that knee braces always reduce deflection significantly.

all knee braces I have used are under beams only.

Stan Scholl, P.E.

Laguna Beach, CA