RE: Revit Structural and BIM

Actually, I am more concerned with impressing my present clients than seeking new ones familiar with BIM (although I’d not turn down the opportunity).

I think the more we (structural engineers) can do to “unveil” the bones of the building, the better we’ll be at promoting our concepts of tying things together and avoiding structural gymnastics.

Barry H. Welliver

From: Jeremy White [mailto:jwhite(--nospam--at)holbertapple.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 2:38 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Revit Structural and BIM

Barry,

I agree after my limited experience.  It seems the software will pay for itself (in time saved) within a few project if used just for construction documents and with one large project if the analysis model created by the program can be used in the compatible software.

As far as working with architects that don’t use Revit Building, my thought was that it may open doors with those architects that do use it.  Generally the ones who are on the “cutting edge” will have been using Revit Building for a while now.  Since you will be using Revit Structural do you believe you may have an “in” with those architects?  You can tailor your marketing strategy to target those architects.

Jeremy White