Re: Revit Structural and BIM

> From: "Garner, Robert" <rgarner(--nospam--at)moffattnichol.com>

> the detail drawings based on the B.I.M.  The engineer does not have to
> go though the laborious process of drawing preparation.  The engineer
> thus avoids the problems with incomplete or incorrect drawings and can
> concentrate on engineering.  Responsibility for drawing production goes
> to the fabricator or contractor.  Or does the B.I.M. go straight to the
> machines that process the beams, etc. so that absolutely no drawings are
> required?

The fabricator will probably have their own digital massaging to ensure
compliance with their facilities.

> I like the concept.  Any fabricators or contractors out there who see
> any pitfalls?

How does an engineer sign a digital model?
Can you imagine losing the "oops" moment before a drawing leaves the
office?
How does one invoice engineering deliverables when the model is on
somebody else's server?
Will engineering become a sub-specialty of software designers?
I see interesting times ahead.

Regards
Paul
--