Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Permanent metal forms for concrete

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
To form the soffit of a concrete slab and ramp over a space that will become
permanently inaccessible, what is ordinarily done?  Is it generally left to
the contractor to provide appropriate forms?  This seems right, since my
Drawings are intended to show the completed structure, while forms are part
of the means of construction.

I'm thinking of metal decking.  If my Drawings should show the metal-deck
forms, who manufactures it for So. CA?  Verco does not seem to manufacture a
deck specifically for that purpose -- theirs is the only catalog that I have
in my library.

Nels Roselund, SE

******* ****** ******* ******** ******* ******* ******* ***
*   Read list FAQ at:
*   This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers 
*   Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To 
*   subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
*   Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at) Remember, any email you 
*   send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted 
*   without your permission. Make sure you visit our web 
*   site at: 
******* ****** ****** ****** ******* ****** ****** ********