Design of insert plate

Dear All

My aim is to design Insert plate -

Design condition - I am using ASD for my steel member design , type of connection to IP is single shear type with gusset. So on IP it will apply Tension or shear or both as same time. all material IP and lug is 36 KSI. concrete 5000 psi.

I am using ACI 349 examples where load are factored and full strength of material is used. now my confusion is from my steel member design I know working load which is govern by connection strength or may be member strength while IP should be designed for Limit state , can I do this and keep 1.5 as safety factor ??

Your opinion on this issue will be very helpful to me ?? If you know some more refrence paper other than aci 349 please send me.

Thanks

Amit

Jiyo cricket on Yahoo! India cricket