Re: Permanent metal forms for concrete

Nels,

I think you want to call out the deck (height, span, gauge, etc) that you want to use as forming since it will impact how you layout the rebar possibly relative to the up flutes and down flutes to try and minimize the amount of additional concrete being poured for the total slab thickness.  Also method of attachment: angle iron legders, welding, etc.  If its inaccessable the contractor is going to want direction from you most likely, so I would address it now instead of waiting to decide what to do in the field.  The building department will often not allow wood forming to remain in the void space depending upon the buildings construction type.  And as you said since its an inaccessible space, it may be difficult to impossible to remove the forming through any access hole left for that purpose.

Mike Cochran S.E.  SECB