Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: KISS Method for Bracing Connection Design[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: KISS Method for Bracing Connection Design
- From: Jnapd(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 22:01:00 EST
they had a road show last year on Steel Concentric Braced Frames which was very good and you might be able to get notes from the seminars.
At that road show I attended Rafael Sabelli mentioned to me that he was developing software for AISC for the analysis of CBF's and I believe EBF's. One of the aspects of the program would be to move the work point to various locations within the column to help reduce the gusset plate size. The moments are usually not that high that they cannot be managed.
but UFM is more economical.
As to Tripp's concern more economical depends on how many frames and the severity of the loads I would think. At least while I'm thinking that is.
Johnson & Nielsen Associates
Palm Springs, CA
- Prev by Subject: Re: KISS Method for Bracing Connection Design
- Next by Subject: Knee Brace Literature
- Previous by thread: Re: KISS Method for Bracing Connection Design
- Next by thread: Lumber grading from small mills