Re: Baement Walls (Slot Cuts )

this is quite common in urban areas and it requires a  lot of structural  observation.
it is difficult to get the horizontal reinf. bent and then later straightened out for the next portion.
who selected the 8 ft.? the geotech engr. should be specifying this depending on adjacent loads and soil properties.
8 ft. is about the max. in my experience.
Stan Scholl, P.E.
Laguna Beach, CA