Re: RES: ASTM A36

Mario,

Just because other specifications have a minimum value for carbon content does not mean it is necessary.  Other factors can effect the strength of steel other than carbon content so why would it make any difference what the carbon content is as long as you achieve the specified chemical and mechanical properties (i.e. strength, elongations, etc.).  Here in the U.S. (and I would expect elsewhere) the steel mills provide a "mill certificate" verifying the chemical and mechanical properties.

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
Fluor

"Mario Velez Nauer" <mario.velez(--nospam--at)demagcranes.com.br>
02/03/2006 10:05 AM
Please respond to seaint