Re: Lumber grading from small mills

No, usually its more like "I've got a lot of pine on some property I own in xxx county, and I know a guy who will saw it down to lumber for me."  At least I get the heads up when that guy later says "yeah, I want to build a rustic style house - just a very inexpensive starter, but I plan on selling it in 2 years and building another one after I subdivide the 30 acres I own in that flood plain outside of town."

I hate it when I get that call on a Monday. It just puts me in a lousy mood for the whole week.  At least on a Friday, when I go to a condo where some owner has taken out a bearing wall on the first floor of a three story unit, and he wants a letter saying it's okay because he doesn't really notice any sag, I know I can shake my head and write a letter telling him he needs to put the wall back where he found it, and turn out the lights half an hour later.  Oh, and apparently his idea of "doesn't really notice any sag" is about an inch and a half according to my tape. And the unit above is gutted, also being renovated (yes, they took that wall out too, and it's also sagging).

Hey, it's 5 o'clock...I'm going home. Everybody have a good weekend.

Jordan

Jnapd(--nospam--at)aol.com wrote:
You mean ...can I use the pine and cypress trees I cut down last month as post on our new second floor addition.

Joe Venuti
Johnson & Nielsen Associates
Palm Springs, CA