Roof Construction Advice

Dear Fellow Engineers:
I?d appreciate advice re roof construction in a high
wind area. My client has seen a drawing (& wants me to
use) an arrangement where the roof plywood diaphragm
is nailed to 2?x4?s on flat, that bear on 6 inch thick
extruded polystyrene (used for insulation), which is
supported by T&G decking on purlins. The 2?x4?s are
screwed thru the poly to the purlins. I?ve no
experience with polystyrene ? but can imagine that
nailing the plywood panel to be very difficult because
of poly?s initial deformation. Is this true? And are
there other issues with this construction arrangement?
Thx,
Irv