SIP top plate detail

I am trying to put together a detail on a project using SIP (“structural insulated panels”) those pesky things with a foam core and plywood skins.  I have joists framing into the SIP wall from both sides, but at different elevations.  The roof slopes on either side of the wall are different and are parallel to the wall length.  I was initially thinking about just hanging the lower joist off the side of the panel with a top flange joist hanger.  In that detail the hanger would be set out from the 2x top plate ½” due to the plywood skin.  I called Simpson to see what they thought about that, but have not yet received a reply.  Basically, the top flange of the hanger would be on the 2x plate and a portion, ½”, would be on the plywood skin.  I then thought that maybe I could use 2 plates where the top plate would be ½” wider than the bottom, therefore the joist hanger would be hanging at the edge of the plate which would be flush with the plywood skin.  But, there would be, possibly, a ½” cantilever of the top plate, but on the other hand may possibly be supported by the ½” plywood skin below.  This option seems workable, assuming the plywood skin will support the ½” overhanging plate.  Am I missing something, or does anyone think that the detail is o.k.  I seem to recall (I think it was Bill Allen) some time back that was looking at a detail with a similare overhanging plate, but if I remember correctly, there was no plywood skin present, or maybe there was.   Is a ½” cantilever at the top plate no big deal if we consider that the plywood skin will not support the edge of the top plate?  The reaction on the joist hanger is about 370# of which about 60% is snow load.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Joe Grill

Joseph R. Grill, P.E. (Structural)