Re: Baement Walls (Slot Cuts )

Stan,
I don't understand why you have to bend the rebars and
then straighten them - sound like a recipe for problems
with the rebar.  Please forgive my ignorance, but I am
unfamiliar with this type of construction.  I have done
underpinning of existing basement walls, where usually
proceed in 4' long segments, usually leap-frogging the
segments. Usually I have the contractor drive short
lengths of horiz bars into the dirt of the next segment
which lap with the horiz bars of the first segment.
When they do the next segment the horiz bars are there
already.
Gary