From: Ritesh Patel
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Sent: Friday, February 03, 2006 9:20 AM
Subject: Preliminary sizing as per CAN/CSA-16-01

My question is regarding preliminary sizing of the beam-column as per CAN/CSA-16-01.

In the Canadian Handbook of Steel Construction, in the table 4-4, different values of  Cf /# Cy (ratio) are given for different classes (1 to 3). For selection of columns, this ratio should be equal to 1.0. For beams ( no axial compression) this ratio should be minimum. For beam-column element again this ratio should approach to 1.0. Am I correct ?

Please help.

Thanks in advance,

Ritesh

Jiyo cricket on Yahoo! India cricket